This post originally appeared on Mobidea Academy
Follow these tips and reach the TOP!
Monetizing mobile traffic can be a real challenge. You need logical skills and, at the same time, you need to trust your experiences and instincts in order to make the best possible decisions.
However, we’re all making mistakes and it helps us learn lessons, develop, grow personally and professionally. That’s why we decided to give you a bunch of successful tips that’ll guide you on your first steps as a Media Buyer:
1) Select the Ad Network
- Your first steps should be about the decision of what you want to promote and which Ad Network is the one that better fits your needs.
- For example, if you have an offer that converts better on a certain mobile operator, you should work with an Ad Network that works with 3G Carrier Targeting.
2) Select the Segment/Target
- This is a critical step. When you’re getting started you do not have access to detailed data. Therefore, your campaign target should be wide enough to cover the segment you want to launch. Later on, analyze the results, and then start optimizing and focusing only on the most profitable segments.
- The first step to create a campaign is to decide the segment (Country, Operating System and carrier) in which to work. You may select which one based on your analysis of their performances.
- You should cover all segments by investing in different devices, operating systems, browsers, Languages…
- You should then look at the detailed data and adjust the investment in order to get as much profit as you can. In this step you may begin to detail the segment by stopping non-profitable parameters or adjusting bid and capping.
- Do not stick with only one ad-format and try to launch several spots. One spot can work well for one country but fail for another. If you launch only one spot and you’re not successful, that doesn’t mean you can’t get money out of that country. It just shows the tested spot wasn’t a good choice.
3) Set your Pricing
- You need to set the bid and capping for your campaigns on the Ad Network.
- You have 2 options: you can either be more conservative and have more controlled costs or you can be more aggressive, spending more in order to collect data faster, so you can optimize your campaign faster as well.
- This MOBIDEA Academy Article explains the advantages and disadvantages of each strategy very clearly – click here to read it.
4) Choose your Banners wisely
- There are Media Buyers who don’t worry about banners. But you should! They’re as important as the bid or the targeting – the banners are the first selling point of the product to the End-user.
- You should be sure about the optimization of your banners – if possible, you should have 3 to 5 banners rotating. This way you’ll not only have data for all of them but you’ll also be able to optimize your campaign and get the highest CTR. If you use fewer banners, you won’t be able to compare performances. If you use more – you have to spend more time and money to get relevant stats for the performance analysis of each banner.
- If it’s possible, try everything: colors, images, text, layout, lettering, etc. – everything has impact on your campaign’s success! Don’t forget to respect the rules of both the Adnetwork and the Affiliate Network.
Besides these basic 4 Tips, it’s important to be wary of the progress of your campaigns. You need to be aware of what’s going on around you in order to achieve goals and get stable results. In Media Buy, controlling your activity on a regular basis is as important as having the proper technical skills or the perfect intuition.
Take these tips into consideration and avoid any potential beginner’s mistake. TO KNOW MORE, CLICK HERE.