Appia on Emerging Mobile App Markets [INFOGRAPHIC]
Appia are an app advertising network operating on a global basis. The company has developed this useful infographic looking at the opportunity to create high LTV mobile users in emerging markets. Some key data points from the infographic are shown below and demonstrate that not only is there huge growth in the emerging mobile app marketing but also huge opportunity. At the moment, there’s a huge number of consumers that aren’t being properly catered to by the app ecosystem or properly marketeted to.
- By 2017, more than a third of the world’s population will be smartphone users
- 5.2 billion of the world’s 6.8 billion mobile subscribers are in the developing world
- Users are accessing content in emerging markets through Google Play (40%), the Apple App Store (28%) and the Mobile Operator’s App Store (26%)
- 18% of emerging market consumers cannot view content from app stores on their devices
- 24% cannot find the content they are looking for at all and 20% do not find content that is in their local language
This is clearly a huge opportunity for the industry and one that’s particularly relevant right now as the industry looks for new sources of growth and developers seek ways to monetize traffic in emerging markets. The marketers and app publishers who get this right early on will do really well so it’s great that Appia is highlighting the potential. Here’s the infographic:
Appia’s Emerging Mobile App Markets Infographic
For more information on Appia visit their website here or check out the Appia profile on our directory.