Srikrishna Swaminathan of Wadogo Talks Mobile Affiliate Marketing, CPI Campaigns and Mobile Ad Trends
Srikrishna Swaminathan is Head of Business Development at Wadogo. He has been in mobile Ad-Tech industry for close to 2 years and worked with global clients in Advertisers, Agencies, Affiliates, Ad Networks, Mobile Gaming Studios and Indie Apps. Prior to Ad-Tech he was in Investment Banking and FMCG major Dabur. He has an MBA from IIM-Calcutta and a undergraduate degree in engineering.
What is Wadogo and how are you positioned in the market?
Wadogo is a global affiliate network with offices in San Francisco, Paris, London, Seoul, Singapore and Bangalore with exclusive tie-ups with large advertisers and Ad-Networks for their CPI/CPC performance App marketing.
- We have been in the market for over a year in stealth mode and currently deliver 150k+ installs per day and over 1.2 Bn impressions daily. We have grown 500% per quarter.
- Our USP is exclusive tie-up with large advertisers, global reach, focus on quality traffic and trusted financials.
- We have tied up with 300+ affiliate partners and currently offering with 500+ campaigns globally.
What types of offers are successful on your platform right now?
Key campaign verticals are Gaming, Commerce, Travel, Utility and Brands. On the pricing front, pre-dominantly all our offers are CPI, while we are experimenting with CPC, CPO, CPS pricing models.
What geographies are you focused on and where are you seeing the most growth?
We are focussed on North America, India/South Asia, South Korea, Europe and ANZ. We are looking to expand into LATAM, Middle East, China/Japan and Africa. We see huge growth opportunities in South Asia, LATAM, Korea and North America markets due to lack of quality traffic providers.
What are your main tips for successfully promoting CPI campaigns?
The key thing is to create a matrix structure of traffic partners by advertiser category for Quality traffic and Quantity (ability to deliver installs). Once this is in place it is easier to co-ordinate on both Supply and Demand to deliver on the campaign expectations.
Secondly, automation and self serve ability enables rapid scale up of revenues with limited man-power. Investment in technology is very important.
Thirdly, Supply First model on expanding supply partner and traffic base. Once we have very good and diverse supply, it is easier to sign up advertisers by region.
What do you think the big themes for mobile advertising are going to be in 2015?
- Huge commerce/utility app download business opportunity in emerging markets
- Gaming advertisers from developed markets like NA/Western Europe will concentrate on Tier 2/3 markets for growth
- Incent App downloads/Free Recharge Apps will grow heavily in South Asia given the nature of market and audience.
What mobile devices do you use?
iPhone 5s and Moto G.
What are your favourite apps?
Game of War from Machinezone, SnapDeal commerce App, Myntra Fashion App , Zomato app and Uber.
Are you going to buy an Apple Watch?
By end of this quarter, our whole team will have the Apple Watch!
Thanks Srikrishna for the interesting insights. Head over to the Wadogo website for more.