For many marketers the holiday season is an extremely profitable period, when advertising can generate up to 30% of their annual sales, according to research the National Retail Federation. And although it may seem too early to start pumping out seasonal ad campaigns, it is certainly a good time to take a closer look at your holiday marketing strategy before the prime time begins.
In the months before Black Friday and Christmas, brands actively invest in promotion to put themselves in front of potential customers during the shopping rush. This is why you should search for proactive advertising solutions that allow you to target people based on their demographics, interests and behaviors, rather than solely on the information they’re looking for. And this is where Facebook beats out all other advertising platforms, offering an unrivaled range of tools and features to generate real buying intent and helping your products find their way into wish lists and shopping carts.
According to the Facebook Holiday Planning Guide, the 2017 shopping season is expected to be mobile-focused, as the number of shoppers planning to complete a majority of their holiday purchases on mobile devices has increased by an average of 30% compared to last year.
If you are contemplating deploying an extensive holiday ad campaign, prepare for your costs to climb. But instead of worrying too much about only expenses, you should plan your creative strategy more holistically and concentrate on your return on investment as a key performance figure.
Just take a look at these facts and figures:
- 52% of mobile-first shoppers say they are likely to start planning Christmas purchases in October;
- In the holiday season 2016, Black Friday sales totaled a record-breaking $3.34 billion, while the revenue from mobile devices reached a historic peak of $1.2 billion;
- 40% of shoppers agree that when it comes to holiday shopping their mobile device allows them to make a more informed purchase decision;
- Mobile-first shoppers are 1.7 times more likely to find gift inspiration on Facebook, and 2.3 times more likely to research gift or shopping ideas on Instagram;
- Mobile accounted for 64% of all Christmas conversions on Facebook last year;
- 65% of shoppers plan to take advantage of after-Christmas sales.
Want to make sure you are all set for the upcoming holiday season? Specially for you, the Appness team has collected useful tips and examples of successful Facebook ad campaigns from the past that help you get the most out of this golden moment. Wrap your Black Friday and Christmas campaigns in a festive package!
Download your free copy here.