This year digital economy has reached the point when analytics, venture capitalists and tech media have stopped talking about businesses transition from a desktop to mobile or even them adopting a mobile-first approach, it’s just mobile. By default. In the heart of this mobile revolution is a mobile app. Today over a third of the world’s population (2.3 billion people) owns and uses a smartphone, according to Statista and on average these people use 9 apps daily. The scope of the mobile app market, as of July 2017, is the following- iOS users have 2.2 million mobile apps to choose from and the Google’s Android App Store boasts 2.8 million apps.
According to a recent report by mobile analytics firm App Annie, in 2016 year-over-year time spent in apps was up 25 percent. Total time spent in mobile apps worldwide reached more than 150 billion hours year over year. According to eMarketer, US consumers spend 86% of their smartphone time in-app rather than on mobile web.
To get noticed in such a crowded market, differentiation, targeting a niche, creating a buzz, establishing and re-engaging your user base, and App Store Optimization are all key factors in a killer app marketing strategy.
From finding the right channels to reach your audience (and connecting these channels to create one seamless experience) to improving App Store Optimization, app developers are left with a whole host of questions to consider:
What does the future hold for ad networks? What tools and services should a marketing agency provide to help make my app a success? Should I choose a big player in the marketing industry or a specialist app marketing agency?
App marketing agencies must keep pace with the rapid changes in app advertising and search. And as a result, the market continues to see a rise in the number of mobile-first and specialist app agencies offering app promotion, optimization and advertising. But while many brands will choose a big agency for their marketing needs, AdNews reports a rise in ‘short-term agency affairs’. In other words, marketers are adding smaller specialist agencies to their roster, for their depth of skill, especially when it comes to the app marketing.
If you want to be savvy about marketing your app, choosing an agency is one of the most important decisions you’ll have to make. Which is why, we’ve gathered together the facts and created a guide that covers the top app marketing agencies 2017 to consider. Our list includes big international agencies with broad creative marketing capabilities to boutique marketing companies focussing solely on apps. Each of the 25 companies listed has something different to offer and you can find more app marketing agencies in our app marketing directory.
Note: the companies on the list we’ve complied below are not in any priority order.
Our List of App Marketing Agencies:
- M&C Saatchi Mobile
- The SpecialistWorks
- The ASO Co
- App Masters.co
- Pick ASO
- App Marketing Agentur
- Yodel Mobile
Fetch is an award-winning global mobile marketing agency founded in 2009 by James Connelly and Declan Reddington. In 2014, Fetch joined the digital giant Dentsu Aegis Network; a group which specialises in media, digital and creative communication services. Fetch’s holistic approach to mobile marketing includes banner and rich media advertising, cross-channel campaigns, and app store optimisation to help your app stand out amongst the competition.
This mobile-first agency focusses on three key industry areas: retail, gaming, and travel and Fetch’s work for Expedia and Ebay has received recent accolades. In 2014, Fetch was the fastest-growing mobile marketing agency in the Europe and also listed in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 as ‘One to Watch’.
- Services: app marketing strategy, app incubation, app ranking, app store optimisation, mobile media planning and buying, mobile app analytics and mobile ad tracking.
- Offices: London, New York, San Francisco, Berlin and Hong Kong.
- Tagline: “Visionary. Bold. Creative.”
The Most Exciting Thing Happening in Mobile with Fetch COO Greg Grimmer
M&C Saatchi Mobile is a leading mobile marketing agency with offices in London, San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Sydney and, most recently, Singapore. Founded in 2006, by current Global CEO James Hilton, M&C Saatchi’s focus has always been on mobile with a portfolio of services that include media planning and buying, strategy, research and analytics, and creative.
In 2015, M&C Saatchi added to its raft of accolades by scooping the title of Mobile Agency of the Year and Mobile Marketing Campaign Strategy of the Year at the Drum Awards.
- Services: mobile strategy, conversion tracking and optimisation, app store optimisation, mobile acquisition, mobile media planning and buying, programmatic buying, app development, user experience and social.
- Offices: London, New York, Singapore, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Sydney.
- Tagline: “The leading mobile first agency”
Libby Robinson, Global Commercial Director asks, Are you looking beyond the downloads?
Bamboo is a mobile advertising agency, founded in San Francisco, US in 2014. It specializes on running paid ad campaigns on top social media networks to acquire mobile app users for leading brands like Dropbox, Hotel Tonight, Peloton, Microsoft and others.
- Services: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube paid ad campaign management, creatives production, audience research, reengagement
- Offices: San Francisco, US
- Tagline: The Mobile Ad Agency of the World’s Most Innovative Teams
Phiture is a mobile growth hacking consultancy founded by Moritz Daan in January 2016. Ex-Growth Pm at Soundcloud, Moritz Daan uses his specialist expertise to identify and execute growth opportunities for app and game publishers.
Phiture’s service is based around a deep-dive into your brand and how your app is performing, with a two-day workshop/mobile growth audit, following Andy Carvell’s acclaimed Mobile Growth Stack, and hands-on help with app store optimisation.
- Services: Mobile growth audit and strategy, A/B testing, push notifications, In-app messaging, onboarding, life-cycle marketing, CRM, app store optimisation, viral sharing.
- Offices: Berlin, Germany.
- Tagline: “We help apps grow”
AppAgent is a mobile app marketing agency, founded in 2015 in Prague, Czech Republic. It’s been driven by a team of experts in various mobile product and app marketing fields. The AppAgent served a number of mobile app studios and app startups, among its clients are CI Games, Pandastic Games, Tradewise, BudgetBakers, Tapito.
- Services: mobile marketing strategy, positioning and key messaging, App Store / Play Store optimization, soft launch & global launch strategy, Apple & Google featuring, paid user acquisition, user segmentation and retargeting, ads monetization.
- Offices: Prague, Czech Republic.
- Tagline: Mobile Marketing Experts Available For Hire
AppAgent app marketing agency
ToroGrowth is a mobile app marketing agency that offers developers a broad spectrum of marketing services. Its team has an expertise in running mobile app user acquisition campaigns with Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, AdColony and others users acquisitions platforms.
- Services: mobile app marketing, mobile app analytics, mobile user acquisition, paid ad campaigns in Search Engines, ASO, advertising in mobile ad networks, SEO, user retention strategies, mobile app development, app-growth hacking
- Offices: Wroclaw, Poland
- Tagline: AERM – Acquire – Engage – Retain – Monetize
Mobtimizers is a full-service app marketing agency that specializes on App Store Optimization. The company team is an active participant of many Danish-based mobile app economy related events, in particular, this year Mobtimirezs was instrumental at organizing The Copenhagen App Day 2017, hosted by The Association of Danish Media.
- Services: ASO, app video trailers production, Apple’ Search Ads campaigns, consulting
- Offices: New York, US, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Tagline: Lead Through Discovery
the specialistworks is an app marketing agency that provides a wide spectrum of mobile app marketing services, both online and offline. To compete in the highly competitive app marketing field, the company bets on using old-school marketing channels in conjecture with latest cutting-edge digital app marketing ones. The agency was recently awarded by The Drum.
- Services: media strategy consulting, TV ads, Radio ads, Printed ads, paid ad campaigns on social, video ads, affiliate marketing, app install ad campaigns, retargeting, direct mail, various offline marketing services.
- Offices: New York & Atlanta, US, Bonn, Germany, East Sussex, Somerset, Kent and London, UK
- Tagline: Performance-Driven Media Planning & Buying
Gummicube is an app marketing agency with a core competence in App Store Optimization. Using a mobile data for how users search on the App Store gathered since 2011, the agency is capable to provide app developers high quality App Store Intelligence software.
- Services: ASO, App Reviews, Focus Groups, Analytics software
- Offices: San Jose, US
- Tagline: We’re dedicated to helping your mobile app find its audience.
The ASO.co is a mobile app marketing agency with a focus on App Store Optimization. In addition to ASO, the agency has an expertise in mobile strategy consulting, the team takes on a challenge to set specific KPIs for an app and recommend technology partners to work with on those metrics. Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) is another service that The ASO.co provides mobile app developers to achieve higher conversion rates with less investments.
- Services: ASO, Mobile Strategy, Conversion Rate Optimization
- Offices: London, UK
- Tagline: The World’s Leading App Store Optimization Agency
The ASO .co mobile app marketing agency
App Masters.co is a mobile app marketing agency run by Steve P. Young. Over the course of last several years, Steve has been a prominent figure in the app marketing field, among many hats he wears, he is the host of a popular AppMasters.co podcast. There is one service that the agency provides that stands above the rest – App Store Feature, in a nutshell it is a patent marketing technique to feature a mobile app to the Apple’s App Store editors team with high chances for the app to be featured that leads to high visibility.
- Services: ASO, App Store Feature, Press Outreach, Influencer Marketing, Top Charts, Soft Launch Strategy.
- Offices: Bay Area, US
- Tagline: We are Growth Hackers Great at Driving Downloads Cost Effectively
The Most Effective App Marketing Strategies
Redbox Mobile is a mobile app marketing agency that specializes in search-related app marketing channels. The agency ‘s team consists of experts in App Store Optimization, running ad campaigns on Apple’s App Store Search Ads platform and Google Play search ads.
- Services: ASO, App Store Search Ads, Google Play PPC
- Offices: London, UK
- Tagline: a multi award-winning App Store Optimisation and Search Ads agency
Redbox Mobile app marketing agency
Miratrix is an app marketing agency with a core competence in App Store Optimization and mobile app advertising on social media and Google. It was founded in 2012 in Glasgow, UK by online marketing veteran Nicholas Duddy.
- Services: ASO, Facebook Ads & Google Play Ads, Advertising on Instagram, mobile strategy & management consulting
- Offices: London, UK
- Tagline: Lead Through Discovery
Growfirst.de is a Germany-based app marketing agency that provides a number of app marketing services that are grouped into two major categories – visibility and conversion.
- Services: ASO, Facebook Ads, App Store Search Ads, Google Adwords ads, Marketing Analytics, Referral campaigns, community management, app marketing copy optimization
- Offices: München, Germany
- Tagline: Data-Driven App Marketing Agency
Pick ASO is a Spanish-based app marketing agency. It provides a comprehensive app marketing solutions that cover all stage of an app marketing cycle – acquisition, retention, monetization and loyalty.
- Services: ASO, Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Mobile Strategy consulting
- Offices: Barcelona, Spain
- Tagline: Growth Strategy Specialists for Mobile Apps
Moberest is a Spanish-based app marketing agency with a set of mobile app marketing services that are focused around a single aim – to help developer’s app to achieve visibility on app stores. The agency team champions a proactive marketing approach, that implies its involvement into an app development cycle from early stages to be able to build its marketing strategy effectively.
- Services: ASO, App User Acquisition, App Inbound Marketing, App Attribution & Analytics
- Offices: Barcelona, Spain
- Tagline: Position your app on the top of App Stores
Appsposure is an app marketing agency that provides mobile app marketing shopping experience to developers. Essentially it offers 7 marketing packages that bundle various services to meet specific needs and budget limitation.
- Services: Google Play ASO, App Icon Design, App Description Writing, App Screenshot Design, iOS App Store ASO, App Landing Page Design.
- Offices: Toronto, Canada
- Tagline: App Marketing Made Easy
yellowHEAD is an Israel-based digital marketing agency with an expertise in mobile app marketing, web and social marketing, that is based on a combination of using a proprietary technology and having professional digital marketers in the team.
- Services: ASO, Mobile Acquisition
- Offices: Udim, Israel
- Tagline: We Came. We Optimized. We Conquered.
PocketWhale is an app marketing agency with a focus on mobile games. Among the agencies clients are SpaceApe, MachineZone, Kabam, Wargaming.net and many other leading game development studios.
- Services: Press, Influencers, TV, Social Media, Ad Networks, and Events
- Offices: Paris, France, San Francisco, US, Tokyo, Japan, Berlin, Germany
- Tagline: Global Reach. Local Presence.
PocketWhale mobile game marketing agency
App Marketing Agency (AMA) is a full-service app marketing and mobile marketing agency founded in 2009. Headquartered in Berlin, but boasting a global reach, AMA counts the EU, USA, UK, Australia and Asia as their core markets.
AMA provides app strategy, marketing and monetisation to increase their customers’ visibility in app stores. AMA’s British parent company Weever Media (ranked amongst the leading app marketing companies in July 2015) must have had a positive influence on App Marketing Agentur who, in 2015, were named Best Mobile App Marketing Agency on bestwebdesignagencies.com.
- Services: App ranking boost, app store optimisation, user acquisition, user retargeting, mobile performance marketing and strategy, and app monetisation for publishers.
- Offices: Berlin, Germany and London, UK
- Tagline: Engagement-driven Mobile & App Marketing
App Marketing Agency – mobile app marketing & promotion
Appency is a full-service mobile app marketing and PR company, established in 2009. Appency’s focus is solely on apps, meaning their expert team knows the ins-and-outs of this highly competitive area.
Appency utilises its social media marketing and advertising media planning and buying prowess, as well as its connections with mass media outlets and app bloggers to get the word out about your app.
- Services: App analysis and competitive research, PR, social media marketing, advertising media planning and buying, promotions and sweepstakes, app user engagement, video, campaign reporting, localization, creative, app store optimization.
- Offices: Sacramento (USA)
- Tagline: “Appency! Make a big noise”
Marketing in a Million App Market by Aaron Watkins, President and Founder of Appency
Yodel Mobile, founded by current CEO Mick Rigby, is a full-service global mobile marketing agency. Their team of mobile and app experts have helped businesses achieve mobile marketing success since 2007.
They work with clients from single territory start-ups to established, multi-territory, international brands such as The Economist Group, NBCUniversal, UKTV, Photobox, Xendpay, MyTaxi and Teletext Holidays.
Yodel Mobile’s Fit to Market programme, which is unique in the sector, offers a blend of optimisations that drive organic discoverability and improve retention of the most valuable users through activities across ASO, mCRM, Searchability, Analytics and more.
- Services: Fit to Market, Mobile Strategy, Mobile Advertising & Acquisition, Mobile Development.
- Offices: London, UK.
- Tagline: Mobile and App Marketing Success
App Promotion Summit London 2014 – How You Can Get Downloaders To Actually Use Your App
Moburst is a global mobile product and marketing agency founded in 2012 by Gilad Bechar and Lior Eldan. Moburst offers the full gamut of mobile marketing services including app store optimisation, product enhancement, user acquisition and mobile strategy consulting. Its team of mobile growth experts have promoted dozens of apps to the Top 10 in app stores like Google Play and helped many start-up apps gain more organic users, boost ratings and improve their products.
Meanwhile, user acquisition is achieved through a selection of hyper-targeted, burst, and brand engagement campaigns combined with the right mixture of media channels for your goals and budget including RTB/exchanges, social, video, retargeting and search.
- Services: App store optimisation, audit and analysis, optimisation and monitoring, mobile user acquisition, user experience and audience insight data, personalised mobile strategies.
- Offices: Israel and New York
- Tagline: “Doing mobile right”
Moburst app marketing company team
Somo is an award-winning global mobile marketing agency founded in 2009 by tech entrepreneurs Nick Hynes, Carl Uminski, Dave Evans and Simon Edelstyn. Somo prides itself on doing things differently and has received plenty of industry recognition for innovation including the title of Most Innovative Agency in Mobile at the Mobile Mafia Awards 2013.
As big investors in technology, in 2011 Somo launched Apptimiser, a tool that allows detailed tracking of individual app campaigns across all mobile platforms. This means clients can manage the criteria defining a successful campaign and only spend money on app campaigns that provide real returns.
- Services: Strategy and innovation, creative and custom development, performance and brand marketing, advertising tools and technology, app install and promotion.
- Offices: London, New York, San Francisco and Bristol.
- Tagline: “Solutions for the connected world”.
The Changing Role of Voice in 2017
Ansible is a mobile marketing and technology agency, it provides a wide range of services that include media planning and buying, data and analytics, consultancy as well as creative and development. The company has 23 offices that are spanned across 15 countries in North America, LATAM, EMEA and APAC.
Angela Steele, CEO of Ansible Talks at Mobile Comics summit 2015
We hope this app marketing agencies guide will help you to choose the right marketing partner to make your app thrive. As you’re approaching any of these companies, it’s always good tactic to ask them to get you in touch with some of their previous clients so you can get a first-hand feedback. On today’s app market, when mobile app users spend their mobile moments with a very few apps and hence the competition for their attention span is immense, any mobile app marketing agency, that claims its high efficiency, must have a technical solution to drive app user acquisition, please keep it mind as you’re choosing an agency to work with.